Need a maritime medical?
Dr David Payne is able to both examine for and issue certificates for all classes of martime medical certificates.
More information regarding occupational diving requirements can be found on the Maritime NZ website.
How long does a maritime medical take?
The consultation with David takes 30 minutes. If you need any other tests then I’ll need some additional time, but I’ll let you know how long we need when you book.
What do I need to bring?
In order to complete the maritime medical you need to bring the following:
- Information about the operating area of the vessel you will be working on
- Two unsigned copies of the Medical Examination Form-Seafarers from the Maritime NZ website
- Three unsigned copies of the Certificate of Medical Fitness Form-Seafarers from the Maritime NZ website
- Any corrective lenses that you normally wear
- Your passport or driver’s license.